DIfferent Casting Methods?

Home Forums Field Research DIfferent Casting Methods?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Rob 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

driller212
    Participant

Hey guys,

Anyone with casting experience want to chime in on some of the better casting methods/materials? Is anything useable in winter for snow tracks? Any methods that work with moss impressions? I have seen apparent tracks in moss many times but never in mud/clay/sand.

I figure if I ever come across some more potential tracks I had better be prepared.

SasquatchAB
    Keymaster

We did upload a track casting tutorial here:

Casting

However Cliff Barackman also puts out an awesome tutorial but I can’t find it right now.

You can also use this tutorial here for prints in the snow. The biggest thing is that they may take several days to settle:
    https://www.colby.edu/academics_cs/courses/BI312/upload/CastingAnimalTracks.pdf

driller212
    Participant

awesome thanks! I need to do some practice this spring.

Rob
    Keymaster

I have an 80Lb bag of Ultracal 30 that is just waiting to be used. I’ve done a few small animal prints and my own footprint but unfortunately haven’t had a chance to use it for actual Sasquatch footprints. Definitely going to be practicing more this spring, if it ever comes…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.